Sunday, June 27, 2010

I saw you

Suzhou, China |

It’s interesting to see how different people would react differently to strangers, especially to someone with a camera in his hand walking in front of their house. For most people a stay-away-from-me look would comes natural, whereas others may display a warm and welcoming smile that makes you feel like you’re being taken in as part of the family.

I came across this older couple in the old town area of Suzhou. Our encounter was only a few seconds, but as an outsider being welcomed was an experience that last forever. Sometimes I just wonder how would I react if a stranger were walking by my house?

“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,”
- Matthew 25:35


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scoreboard

Scarborough, Ontario |  Scoreboard waiting for the new season to be opened again.